Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not much going on...


There isn't too much going on this week...well, I supposed there is a lot going on, but no huge blog stories.  Life is made of the little moments, so I'll post those for now.

The weather has been hot, too hot.  Temperatures are twenty degrees above normal for this time of year.  The up side are the sunsets like this one I caught coming out of Costco Monday night.

Jenna's soccer team is practicing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and they have had two scrimmage games against a boys team their age.  From what I hear, Jenna is an animal.  I think those boys probably run when they see her coming--the girl has stellar defensive skills.  Jenna and her best friend, Sarah, spent a whole twenty-four hours together over the weekend.  I think they needed some friend time.  Jenna wishes Sarah could be at her school.  Next year!

Heather was sick last week, had a horrid experience at school this week (may post later), and is playing volleyball on Wednesdays (indoor) and Saturdays (outdoor) until the end of the month.  Not sure if she'll try out for a club team just yet.  She's also having a super-helpful streak and is making her momma proud clearing dishes, cleaning up her room and emptying the dishwasher without us asking.  Nice!

Did I mention Kelly is the new Young Men's President in our ward?  Yep, as of two weeks ago.  He'll be great at it.  His presidency and advisors are awesome, and I can't wait to see how the program grows  especially in scouting.

I started tutoring last week.  I'll do two days a week; kind of an exciting new adventure.  OCMCO is on full rehearsal schedule for the Christmas concert.  Our stake is planning the Christmas fireside.  Then there is the laundry, cleaning, rides for the kids, grocery shopping, etc.  There are so many things I need to do, so much I want to do, and so little time in which to do everything.  Some days I focus on loving my family, and it is enough.

Fall is here, and with it maybe we'll see some cooler temperatures.  If the attic doesn't cool down, I won't be able to retrieve the Halloween decor.  Let's pray for cooler temperatures!

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

You do have a lot going on. Glad everything is going smoothly. Love ya!