Saturday, November 17, 2012

Meeting Jane Seymour

When our choir sang with Catherine McPhee and William Joseph at Jane Seymour's Malibu home in February of 2011, we never got to meet the homeowner.  I heard her introducing the entertainment, and we hung out in her guest house while waiting to perform, but the excitement of the night had been watching Catherine McPhee perform "Somewhere Over The Rainbow."

When I found out Jane was coming to Deseret Book here in Orange County, I had to meet her!  Not only had I performed at her house, I have admired her long hair and beauty since childhood.  She was promoting her book that she had narrated during the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Special. The book, Good King Wenceslas, is beautiful and although I have the author's autograph, it is much less expensive on Amazon.com.  It was still a treat to meet her.  She is 61 years old, very beautiful, but not quite as warm as I would have imagined.  She was polite and pleasant and remembered our choir's visit, but not overly warm.  I had invited my friend, Angie, to meet me there, and she had the same impression.  She was still glad to meet Jane Seymour though--Angie's favorite movie is Somewhere In Time.  Her husband had recently surprised her for her birthday with a trip to Macinaw Island where the filming took place.  Angie was able to share this with the actress who was polite and gracious even if she wasn't super warm.  She and Angie did bond briefly over Angie's long, beautiful hair--the same length that Jane had years ago.  It was still a great event to attend, and Angie, Daisy and I got to share a quick lunch together.

Me and my meeting famous people.  I don't know where this comes from, but it's fun.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I can't believe you got to meet her! How exciting. I never meet anyone famous--what's your secret? It was refreshing how you were honest about her not being very warm--not a cardinal sin, but it humanizes her and is nice to know that not everybody can be all things to all people. Thanks for sharing this fun event. You are such a good blogger--good example to all of us!