Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dogs, Puppies, Canines, Etc.

Our girl wants a dog in a way that words cannot describe. The breakfast table discussion for five of the last seven mornings has gone like this:

Heather: Mom, can I have a dog?
Me: No.
Heather: Why?
Me: I've explained this already.
(Reasons include: puppy is like having a baby, we're not ready for that responsibility; mom would end up having the responsibility; the school year is not the time to think about it because you can't take care of and train it properly until summer; puppies chew on everything; puppies have accidents; expensive vet bills; you don't take care of your guinea pig or fish by yourself--I've tried a variety of reasons as you can see.)
Heather: I can train/feed/clean up after/walk/etc.
Me: No.
Heather: Why?
Me: Eat your breakfast.
Heather: Pleeeeeeeeeeeze???
Me: I'm not listening la, la, la, la, la, la...

So what's a girl to do except surround herself with stuffed puppies. Heather has several. The two latest additions to her collection are pictured above. The black one was purchased with birthday money. The white with money she recently earned. There is currently no room for Heather in her bed, but she cares not. Doesn't she just look like she's in dog heaven? She also looks like she's sending a "Look how happy I am with my doggies" face. Heather is just so precious and fun.

We're still not getting a dog.

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

I gave in, I think you should too. Everything you said is true. I'm the one who does it. It is only with threats of bodily harm when I can get Gavin to clean up the poop. I think stuffed animals are just fine.