Saturday, October 2, 2010

Maria V. Snyder

My first ever book signing back in May of 2008 was for Stephanie Meyer's, The Host. Since it was my first signing, I didn't know what to expect, and I believed that the crowd of 1,000 or so (screaming) fans was normal.

When I attended my second book signing for Shannon Hale I expected long entry lines, no photos, a book signing limit, just a second to say hi, etc. I was pleasantly surprised at that signing to sit in the first row, have a photo taken, get all my books signed, and have a few minutes to chat (gush) with the author (squeee!).

On Saturday, my friend, Sheryl, and I drove down to San Diego to meet Maria V. Snyder. Her Study Series, Glass Series and newer YA novel, Inside Out, have been some of my absolute favorite stories. I hoped for the Shannon Hale type experience, and we were not disappointed. Maria is one of my favorite authors who I have gotten to chat with a couple of times on-line and through email. I didn't know she was coming to CA, and we were so excited to meet her.

The book store was small, and the gathering intimate. Maria spoke about her work for several minutes, and then we each had a few moments with her while she signed our books. She is very down-to-earth and, as many authors are, very appreciative of her fans.




A bonus for the day was the six hours of uninterrupted "girl time" with my friend, Sheryl. We had so much fun. As soon as I got home, I put my newly signed copies of my books back on my shelf. I guess this means I'll need some more lender copies. These copies have been moved to "treasure" status (tee-hee).

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so jealous!!! Glad you had a good time :)

Michelle Blair said...

Glad you got to go. I love her books too! Thanks for introducing me to them. I'm glad you got to spend time with Sheryl too.

Sheryl Mosher said...

I loved this day! Although I look a bit weird in this picture, I am actually jumping for joy on the inside at being so close to someone so amazing! This was such a fun excursion. There needs to be another author stalking sometime soon -- I mean book signing.

Jenny said...

How fun! I would've loved to do that!