Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Golden Vanilla Cupcakes

We actually did break out the cupcake recipes on Sunday. Heather whipped up the Golden Vanilla Cupcakes. They were looking good...


until we tasted them. The consistency was biscuit-like and tasted more of egg than sugar. Heather and I decided right then and there that we are THROUGH with our Cupcake Deck. I keep pushing another week here and another week there, but I haven't had a scrumptious cupcake from that book in WEEKS. Enough!

This little yummy was waiting patiently on my shelf. I bought it a few weeks ago at Sam's. I cracked it open today and went right to the vanilla cupcakes. Heather wanted vanilla, so vanilla it was! I whipped them up while she was at school.


As you can see, they are a bit fluffier than the duds from Sunday. Quite yummy too. I made a batch of frosting, also from the Celebrating Cupcakes. Tomorrow I will take a bite with the frosting, and deliver a few. I feel much better now. I cannot bear to give away anymore less than worthy delectables! Oooo, and isn't that cake stand marvelous??? Thank you LeAnn!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Yummy. The first ones at least look good. I'll have to look for that book.