Friday, November 12, 2010

Personal Record Keeping

Have you ever had a hard time and really wanted to talk to one of your loved ones who has passed on? What I wouldn't give for some words of wisdom now and then. Sometimes I think, "I wonder what my Grandma would say about this?" I had her around until I was in my 20's, but I don't think we appreciate our 'elders' when we're 20. Some people do, but until we have some life experience, we often don't know what we need from them.

Wednesday night we had a great meeting at church with the women. We talked about family history, personal record keeping and righteous holiday traditions. I sat there thinking that we sure have a lot of different ways to record our personal history and thoughts. When I was young, we had journals, but now we have so many other options if journaling in a notebook seems too much. I love this blog and hope that one day my adult children will treasure the blog books on our shelf and learn what they can from my musings. I think that our children are going to need us one day when we're not around, especially in the times they will grow up in. I believe the Lord knows that and that's why family record keeping is being discussed so much throughout our church again. Knowing that I can inspire and support my children long after I'm gone motivates me to keep writing. One day, we they need me the most, I can still be there for them in a small way.


1 comment:

Sheryl Mosher said...

I am worried that I have not been keeping up my blog responsibilities. I want to leave a record for the kids too, but it's so hard to make sure I put in the time to blog. I feel so guilty all the time. "should I blog or clean the bathroom?" "Oh, I should remember to write that down." I need a better system! Good for you for keeping up with your blog and making it a priority. I'm proud of you.