Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Our Recording Release

Tonight, Heather and I attending a party celebrating the release of the CD that we participated in recording this past June. We picked up our CDs, took pictures with the composer and directors, and met the artist of the beautiful work created for the oratorio. Information about the CD, the print below and the choirs can be found on the Messiah In America website.

CD Jacket


Artist - Howard Lyon
The artist of this amazing work of art has a daughter in the Concert Choir in Arizona. While listening to the oratorio, he knew he needed to "paint" what he was hearing. The print is available for purchase, and the proceeds from the first 1,000 are being donated to MCOAmerica. I so wish we could afford this. For now, I have the copy in the CD booklet which the artists graciously signed this evening when we met he and his beautiful wife. She was the model for the woman reaching for the Savior.

Heather and I with the composer and director, Brett, and his brother and director, Brandon. It is amazing to actually know a composer and artists of their caliber. They are really down-to-earth guys, and we kind of forget how brilliant they are. Brett composed the entire 34-movement work for choirs and orchestra and composes much of our choral and orchestral performance pieces. Brandon was my voice teacher when he was here in FV and is now in Arizona leading EVMCO. The volunteer work I did as Executive Director for OCMCO for the past three years was one of the most rewarding volunteer positions I've ever had. This project was huge, and my small crumb of a contribution will be a cherished memory forever.

1 comment:

allypally said...

I so wanted to go! I was going to sneak out of Enrichment and I ended up being stuck there until 8:45!!!! I was not happy. And now I have to wait till Christmas for my CD anyway!