Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games


It's 3:30AM and I'm blogging. There are about 15 more minutes until Kelly's alarm goes off, and both of my recovering children are occupying our only couches, so what's a girl to do? Well, okay, yes--most girls would be asleep. However, in my attempt to live my second childhood to it's fullest, I've just returned from a midnight showing of The Hunger Games. My brief review is as follows...

If you haven't read the book, read it first. The book has the detail and development a movie can never quite achieve. After you've read the book, seeing this movie will not disappoint. It was mild compared to what I expected, but the horrific nature of the games was well-conveyed by the actors. The acting was impressive.

Here are a few poor quality pictures from our event...
When we checked in we were assigned to "District 4"

Some of the girls dressed in character--Sarah dressed as Effie. I dressed as a tired mom of two sick children--oversized sweater, comfy pants and my hiking shoes. I appear to look as tired as my outfit.

After movie, cleanup and good-byes, it was a bit late. Or early.

1 comment:

Kristie K. said...

love your costume. it's the story of my life. I wear it more than i should ;)

What a fun night! Glad you got to get out. Bummed I didn't go, but glad I got to sleep. Going tomorrow night! Can't wait!!!