Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sick Girls - Update

The girls are getting better...slowly. Both missed the Cast Party on Friday, Jenna missed soccer on Saturday (doctor's orders) and both missed church today. I've had this feeling that they need not return to their activities too quickly. We have been fortunate that the majority of our illnesses are better within a day or two of missing school (sometimes attached to a weekend). These two cases of illnesses have been different. Heather has had bad headaches, coughing that keeps her awake at all hours and lots of nasal congestion. Jenna's chest sounds better, but her coloring, dark circles under her eyes, extreme nasal congestion and coughing persist. Both of the girls have more energy than they've had the entire week put together, but they are not back to 100% just yet. Heather will return to school tomorrow with some minor irritations (needing a tissue frequently and maybe some coughing), but Jenna is going to be home at least during the morning. I want to check in with the doctor before sending her back.

Many mother's have wondered and marveled about mother's intuition. When I became a mother, I felt a connection with Heavenly Father that amazed and comforted me, and I figured out early on that this must be what mother's intuition was all about. This week caused me to reflect again that in His wisdom, Heavenly Father doesn't charge us with the important task of parenthood and not accompany that charge with Divine help. If we seek and listen, He is there for us as week make decisions for our children. Amid my worry this week about school missed, homework piling up and what kind of letter the school office might send me because my children were absent, I have felt peace, reassurance and a sense of what the best path is to be on for each of my girls. I have had an overwhelming sense that I need to slow down, worry less and allow the girls to recover fully. I am so thankful for this Divine assistance and simply want to document this here.

As always, thanks for listening.

No comments: