Thursday, December 13, 2012

Buena Park Holiday Party

For years the secretaries from Buena Park High School have gathered at Christmas time for a holiday potluck and gift exchange.  After I left my job at BPHS, these were fun gatherings and a way to keep in touch.  Over the years all of the gals have retired, become grandmothers and great-grandmothers, and I have had two babies.  I've missed many of the gatherings since the girls were born.  Traffic to Yorba Linda at 5PM is daunting, the holiday time is super busy with a growing family, and for the last several years OCMCO rehearsals and concerts have interfered with the Thursday night gathering.  This year I had no obstacles and a strong desire to reconnect.  I'm so glad I went!  We had a great time catching up and playing our gift exchange.  We were all reminded how great our group of women were.  We worked together and had none of the cattiness that some offices have.  It was a real blessing to have worked with these great ladies who became some of my angel mothers.

Carol (left just before I started working at BPHS), Pam and Sally

Edith (hostess)

Libby and Nancy (master gift stealer)

Judy and me

No comments: