Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 5's

Top 5...Things I Did Well in 2012

1. Hiked a really, really, really big mountain (really big)
2. Took girls to some great places in Southern CA
3. Enjoyed family visits whether we visited them or they visited us
4. Ushered in both a double digit daughter and an official teenager
5. Advocated for and cheered on my girls in school and extra-curricular activities

Top 5...Things That Need My Attention

1. The office  (this will be fun to read at the end of 2013 and see how I did)
2. The garage  (this will be fun to read at the end of 2013 and see how I did)
3. Digging deep and using my determination
4. More date nights (we did well, but need to do better)
5. Healthy living (I can't believe how long it takes me to get started on stuff!)

If you follow the blog, you saw a lot of the first five as they unfolded throughout the year.  The second set of five are things I struggle with.  It's time to stop talking about it and start doing.  Enough said about that.

Family Top 5

1. Hiked a really, really, really big mountain (we all did it, we all get to claim it)
2. Heather ran track and wowed our socks off, and then earned a spot on a club volleyball team
3. Jenna remains our soccer star and successfully transitioned to a new school
4. Kelly inspired his scouts and continued to be a stellar leader for his Young Men
5. All participated in our church's big musical production in some way, and it was very successful

It is a family blog after all, and Kelly and the girls have had many great moments.  As for things they want to work on, it's kind of an individual thing.  Maybe we'll make some goals this next family night.

For last year's post click here on Top 5

No comments: