Sunday, August 23, 2009

Discovery Kingdom - Rides

Today we spent the day at the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, CA.  It was a bit of Sea World, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, Knotts Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain all in one.  We were able to do quite a bit as there were very few people.  The normally long lines for rides were non-existent, the seating for the shows was fabulous and the weather was beautiful.  Couldn't have asked for a better day!


Our first mistake, I mean, our first rides were the Medusa coaster and the Kong coaster.  Kelly and I rode Medusa.  We were feeling a little jostled afterward.  Jenna wasn't tall enough for Medusa, but she was okay for Kong.  Daddy, Uncle Kevin and Mommy went with.  We (Dad and Mom) needed several hours to recuperate.  Heather?  She was just plain chicken.

Mommy and Jenna were the only ones up for Thrilla Gorilla.  It wasn't actually that bad.  It reminded me of a ride I used to love as a girl at Knott's Berry Farm, so I gave it a shot.  Just one track up and down in a circle.  Very fast.  We did just fine.

Auntie Beth isn't a roller coaster gal, but she did some slower stuff with the girls.

After several roller coasters, including a wooden one that made me long for my chiropractor, I did this one with the girls.  The hitch?  The whole car spins while on the track.  Really, if it weren't for my head getting thrown against the back of this car, I would have been fine.  There isn't one ride at Disneyland that makes me queasy or gives me the neck aches I got today.  We still had a lot of fun hanging out.  It's a great park.

3 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

That looks so cool, except for the roller coasters. I think I'm too old for that.

Kathy Habel said...

I'm too old too.

~yoga~ said...

I will ride the roller coasters!!! Take me! Take me!

Looks like you all had fun...
XOXO