Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friendship Bonanza

The Peterson women have been gone a lot this summer. As we returned from our touring around mid-August, it was clearly time to begin to reconnect with our good friends. Oh boy have we missed friend time (and I'm not just speaking about the kids)! Both Jenna and Heather were priveleged to have a four-day run of friend time with dear friends this week. My friend, Sheryl, named the period a bonanza. I like that word as it truly fit the description, "a large amount of something desirable."

Sarah and Jenna began their time on our beach vacation...
and finished back home with four straight days of play (I was not smart enough to grab the camera).

Heather and Grace spent 4 blissful days together. Between the two houses there were moments of water play, Band Hero, and gobs of giggling, gibber-jabber.

One of the days was spent swimming at our house. I was stunned at the amount of time these girls spent on YouTube watching video of Weird Al singing his latest hits. I'm sorry to say that these songs are stuck in my head. Thanks Al.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

That is so fun that you have lots of friends to hang out with. I'm glad you got some catching up time before school starts. Summer was way too short!

Sheryl Mosher said...

For a while, Sean called it "bozanza," which I also like. Whatever the word, it is awesome that our girls got to hang out and then missed each other after they had just left each other's company. Thank you for indulging playtime and friend time. I think we're both pretty awesome moms for just letting everyone run amok and have a spectacular time. Grace's question today: "When can I go over to Heather's?" My question is when do the moms get to hang out? :)