Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Time

Thursday marked my 43rd birthday. I'm not sure why, but 40 was not difficult for me, nor was 43. On the other hand, I had a hard time with 41, and an especially hard time with 42. I wish I knew why, but my theory is that 40 comes up quickly when we are still thinking we are 30-something. Somewhere during year 41, we realize that we are no longer 30-something, and during year 42 we mourn the loss of 30-something.

I was pleasantly surprised that on the morning I turned 43, I was at peace. I thought about what a blessing it was to be 43--to still have my health, the love of my family and to just be alive. I thought, "Here's to another year. I want to live this year and make a difference where ever I can." It was a good way to start the day.

The day continued to be wonderful. I had breakfast at Corner Bakery with my wonderful friends who made me feel like a million bucks. So many cards, gifts and well-wishes. I don't know what I would do without all these beautiful women. And I'm not saying that just because they gave me presents.

Speaking of beautiful women, I picked my girls up from school and we headed to Mimi's for lunch. They had some complimentary lunches coming to them, and I wanted to hang out with them. They are so wonderful.

After homework, we realized that I'd forgotten to pull out the frozen fish to defrost. So my wonderful husband took us out for a quick dinner. This was unexpected as I was running off to choir rehearsal, but it was a splendid treat. Throughout the weekend the birthday wishes continued. I just feel so very blessed to have so many, many wonderful family members and friends in my life. Thank you all for being made of awesome!

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Glad you have so many friends to share your special day. You deserve it. Love you!

Kathy Habel said...

Happy Belated Birthday