Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brownie Cupcakes

As I printed the tags for this week's cupcake, I saw the line that reads, "50 Cupcakes in 2010". With a little calculation I figure we can catch up from our hiatus if we make 8 recipes per week for the next 4 months. Well, that will most likely not be happening. But we will be baking!

This week I asked Heather if she would like to pick the cupcakes. She is so easygoing that anything chocolate sounded good, so we made what we had ingredients for--Brownie Cupcakes from the Cupcake Deck.

We are crazy for chocolate!

One of my goals as we get back into the project was to let the girls have more control. This recipe called for melting chocolate and butter and then adding eggs, a little more complicated than the average baking recipe. I helped for a minute and while demonstrating, told Heather how I learned how to do this from Grandma Carol. It was nice to remember my mom while we were baking. Heather did guess what would happen to the eggs if we put them in the warm chocolate. She's such a smart cookie.

As soon as the eggs were successfully mixed into the chocolate, Heather took over and mixed everything together.

Look at these yummies!
They are not exactly like a brownie, nor are they like a cupcake. They are a blend of the two--very brownie like in texture, but the flavor is not as strong as it is with a true brownie. They were actually a little chewy/sticky which I attribute to the nearly 2 cups of sugar that went in the batter. We may make them again...unless we find something better. We'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Ooh yummy. They sound and look so good. I'm glad you are back to cupcake Sundays. I always thing about mom when I'm in the kitchen too.

Sheryl Mosher said...

They look divine. I think I can smell them from here . . . :)

allypally said...

This is such a good idea, I kind of wish that mine were old enough for this kind of stuff, and then I kind of don't because then I would have to follow through and actually do it!!

Looks yummy though!

Jennifer said...

These look so good! Anything with the word "brownie" in it, and I'm sold. You are such a fun mom to bake with your girls--the memories are even better than the treats, which says a lot. Your blog is really uplifting.