Friday, April 27, 2012

Concert Night

Here are the happy daughter and mom after another successful sold out OCMCO concert night.  Many commented that this was there favorite concert to-date.  We did many recognizable classical pieces as well as some favorite Broadway ones.  I'm sure that's why.  It was a fun concert to be a part of.

Sharing OCMCO with Heather has been challenging and rewarding at the same time.  The challenge comes every week when she is tired from a long school day and doesn't want to attend rehearsals.  After the Utah recording, I told her that I was fine if she didn't want to do it anymore.  She decided she wanted to keep going, but even when it has been 100% her decision, she still complains.  The rewarding time is, of course, the concerts.  She doesn't like being back stage, but she loves the energy.  She decided mid-semester that this would be her last concert for a year or so.  She sang all her songs on the way home in the car, and I pointed out to her how many languages she had learned to sing in.  She was quite surprised at how many languages and music genres she's covered in her short two years with the choir, not to mention the two CDs she's helped record.  I hope she'll decide to join again, but I'm not pushing it.  I want her to want it which will make it sweeter for her.

No comments: