Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Today began with the girls happily finding their baskets as well as one filled with fun items for our hiking plans this year. Sadly, we won't have an Easter Bunny picture in this post. Jenna asked a few days ago, and I couldn't carry this one on any longer. She was perfectly fine with the Easter Bunny secret.

Before breakfast we did an indoor egg hunt with a twist so that the girls could find the same amount of eggs, and because, well, they are older and ya gotta have some more excitement.

I went to FV 3rd Ward's Sacrament meeting to hear my friend, Michelle, speak. Choir practice was right after that, and we continued on with our ward's services. I am Jenna's teacher, and it was great to teach my class today about the resurrection. Heather had a memorable lesson in Young Women's too. My heart is full of gratitude for being able to have our family well and at church today to fill our spiritual reservoirs.

After church we had our outdoor hunt and a lovely dinner. My dad is here with us this weekend and through this next week to visit with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Chuck when they arrive tomorrow. I miss our bigger holiday family dinners, but I'm so happy to get to see more family this week.

No comments: