Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making the most of the day...


Heather woke up a little queasy this morning and after a few hours of letting her rest and hoping that she could still make it X period, I gave up.  She needed rest and that was that.  I told my husband I thought it might be exhaustion, a stomach bug, or plain old growth/development.  Tonight when I put her to bed, she stood nose to nose with me and said, "I think I've grown!"  She has.  A week or so ago her nose was under my nose; today our noses were tip to tip.  She's been acting a little out-of-sorts and not her super sweet self this past week which also added to my theory that growth in some form was occurring.  When I told her that I knew there was something up with her not feeling well she just smiled.

So, the picture is the pile of receipts I've been saving since about 2010 thinking that I'm going to start a budget any time now.  I folded laundry and sorted receipts today while waiting for Heather to mend.  It was a GREAT feeling.  Look at all that paper that was weighing me down!  It's gone, and I feel better.  I'm still going to start a budget, but I don't need that much paperwork to start it.  I should have taken photos of my folded laundry, but sorry, no can do.  It's all folded and put away.  All of it.  I know, you hate me.

1 comment:

shari berry bo-berry said...

my kiddos are the same when growing... funny thing!

and it's nice to know i'm not the only one with a huge collection of receipts...waiting to start that budget! :) xoxo

p.s. i'd still love to meet up for lunch sometime to chat if you have time! miss seeing you!