Sunday, November 22, 2009

Good Morning America

Surprise! We ended up on Good Morning America too. Had no clue until my Dad sent a link to the story. I clicked on the link, very excited to see another story about the TwilightMoms. All was going well until they shifted from our interview into their own story with this lovely transition...

"These moms are borderline obsessed in ways that would make their kids blush."

Lovely huh? In talking to the owner of TwilightMoms.com this weekend, she told me that our story isn't exciting or sensational enough for them and they are always looking to twist it into something more sensational. She thinks, and I agree, that if we don't give the interviews, they'll just use whatever crud they can find and put a story together. It's better if we give an interview and let them know what we're really about. If they choose not to use that or twist it, I guess that's the chance we take. None of the interviewers get the story they're looking for from us because we just aren't the way they describe us. They often confuse TwilightMoms with moms who love Twilight.

Are we obsessed? I guess I am in the way that I'm passionate about scrapbooking or hanging out with my girl friends. If it's an obsession to have a hobby or an interest that you enjoy, I'm obsessed. There ya go.

Oh yeah, here's the link...

No comments: