Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Moon...ABC World News...

The ticker on my blog is counting down to the New Moon release! We're under 24 hours away, and it's so exciting. Last year at this time I was attending a little After Party with my friend Sarah and the cast of Twilight. This year Sarah went to the Red Carpet and got to watch the movie with the actors! Story for a different blog. She and I forgot to talk about what everyone was doing on premiere night so I got to watch it all unfold from afar. Sniff. Okay, on to other news.

The NEWS. ABC World News with Charles Gibson. 8.4 million viewers. I'm so glad I didn't know before hand! I'm not sure I would have been able to put a sentence together!

A producer and crew came to my house today to do an interview that had been set up through TwilightMoms channels. They were here for about 3.5 hours and it was so different than the KCAL 9/CBS2 interview last year. Much more time, more staging/props, lighting, body mics, sound checks, questions...it was a little more intimidating. I think we did well. You never know how the media may choose to spin a story. We'll see what happens. It could be not the greatest coverage of us, or it could be fantastic. They take much more footage than they need, so I know they won't use everything. It will be fun to see what they do. In the meantime, I'll be holding my breath and crossing fingers. I'll be at rehearsal when it airs, and then at the New Moon release party with some TwilightMoms. I won't even see it until the next day. Fortunately most of the TwilightMoms will be busy with release parties, so I won't hear too much before I get to watch the dvr.


The sound engineer was nice enough to take pictures before the camera rolled. Britten's "Tiny Dancer" Alice doll is in the shot. Woo-hoo!

The producer was great and really easy to talk to.

We covered some of the great things about TwilightMoms like the friendships we've made, things we talk about and the creativity of the women. This was a shot of some jewelry that has been created by Georgia, Kriselle and Mary B. It was fun to share these pieces from these talented ladies. We had some trivia cards that Charlotte has made and some of the buttons for Alex's Lemonade Stand. Charlotte got to talk about these items.


Sarah was going to cover the various shirts that we've collected, but we were short on time and they decided that the video footage would do. I covered the Twilight shelf behind my head. The producer asked me to walk her through it on camera.

Near the end of the shoot, Shelly ran down and took a picture of all of us. This was really fun. I hope TwilightMoms gets some great coverage, the really positive kind. I don't like the stories where they make fun of the fans. I don't think that will happen. Cross fingers with me...

I had to take a picture of the back of the light. Diva! How perfect is that?!?

5 comments:

Shari said...

SO COOL! can't wait to see it!!!!!

Michelle Blair said...

How fun. I have a famous sister. Can't wait to watch it.

Jennifer B. said...

Wow! Can't wait to see. Have fun tonight!

Hillary said...

Oh boy oh boy!!! I will be watching! :)

Jenny said...

So exciting!!