Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This Picture Has A Story!

Here are the rules:
*Open your first photo folder.
*Scroll down to the 10th picture. (if you dont have 10 in that one, then go to the next folder that does).
*Post that photo and the story behind that photo on your blog.
*Tag 5 friends to do the same.


The Story...

I went to the first folder that had at least 10 photos and this is what came up. Not very interesting to look at, but there is a story, tee-hee.

This was a lovely pink inflatable chair for the pool. On the day we left New Mexico I knew we would be at the pool at the hotel in Flagstaff in time to swim. I had forgotten to bring any floaty fun with us, so when my sister ran to Walgreens to pick up photos, I asked her to find whatever she could for the pool. This was all they had left for pool toys, and we threw it in the car. Later at the pool, the girls were having fun with it and we were all hanging on to it. Then I decided to use it as it was intended, as a chair float. I hoisted myself out of the water and into the chair, and I immediately heard a strange hissssss. The chair did not support my weight at all. The seam ripped immediately and the whole thing went under. We laughed at the five minutes of fun we got out of it (and the 15 minutes it took me to blow it up with my own air!) At least we tried, huh? I buried my whale-like thoughts and continued to have fun with my girls in the pool. Hey sis, did I ever pay you for this floaty?

Tagged:

Michelle B.
Katie B.
Shari H.
Kristie K.
Jessica E.

3 comments:

~yoga~ said...

That is awesome!!!
So glad you took a picture of it.
Nothing like dead pool toys : )

Michelle Blair said...

I think that is a crack up. Good thing there weren't alot of people there. I laughed when you told me in July and laughed again when I read it.

Katie said...

That is so awesome!!! lol I love these picture stories. Thank you for tagging me!!!