Wednesday, December 30, 2009

10 Pounds and Counting...

Okay, so I don't really know if I've gained 10 pounds, but it sure feels like it. My sister and I have so much fun together and when she's in California, we visit all the great places to eat that she doesn't have in her neck of the woods. For some reason, I am WAY over-doing it this time. I'm not sure where the disconnect has occurred, but I think I'm going for some record. Little phrases keep entering my mind...

Edna Mode from The Incredibles when she recognizes Bob Parr after many years and exclaims, "My gosh you've gotten FAT!"

or that lovely children's book, I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie

Oh, and there is hard evidence that I have been way bad. Am I posting pictures about our adventures at Disneyland? No. Outings to the beach or fun parks? No. I give you only a montage of epicurean delights. (We've been shopping too, but we usually don't take photos of ourselves at Target...maybe that would be fun?)

Exhibit A (See yesterday's post at Rainforest Cafe. See's Candy outing, not pictured).


Exhibit B
Sprinkles Cupcakes in Newport Beach
(Gelato place next door, not pictured.)

Exhibit C
Ruby's Diner on the Huntington Beach Pier
It was a lovely raining evening and there was absolutely no wait! Who else would be crazy enough to walk the pier in this weather?

Here is the hard evidence. There is no food left in my basket. Nope. None.

At lest these cuties know when to stop. Aren't they adorable? Yes, the hub too.
So what will it be tomorrow on New Year's Eve? We'll probably stay home and play games. And make brownies with chocolate frosting, whip up some French onion dip and prepare homemade tacos. I am utterly hopeless.

Until January 4 when I put my game face back on and whip myself into shape. For now, I'm enjoying my sister, my nephew, shopping at every possible place we can, and at least three times a day...eating.

4 comments:

Shari said...

OH MELISSA!!!!! You are NOT alone in this! Your story sounds just like mine! :)

~yoga~ said...

Oooo, I can't wait to come see you too!!! Although, I am not your sister, epicurean delights are my FAVORITE! *insert fangirly squeal here*

I am with you Melissa. 10 pounds is my first goal...to try to get off. If I can get 20 pounds off, my treat is to drive the CA coast this summer.

And. see. You!

Hillary said...

Hahaha! I love it! You are too funny. All the exibits... yes there is quite a good spread of proof against you. :) But the holiday time is a time for cheating! ... with food I mean... :)

I've never been to the cupcake place you talk about, and every time you post pictures I say to myself, "man... it looks like I have not lived because I have not had one of those cupcakes!" They look so scrumptious.

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Blair said...

I am glad you are suffering too. Why can't we stop? Is it childhood trauma? We must blame it on something. But in the meantime we will eat away.