Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Average vs. Extraordinary

These sunset photos have nothing to do with my post, but look how beautiful. We have had several evenings of spectacular sunsets and I LOVE them. The moon was awesome tonight too.



Okay, so. Average vs. extraordinary. Here is a picture of my holiday goodies prior to being delivered. Yummy treats, cute red Santa bows. Nice, right? My effort was commendable. I am totally not looking for compliments here, I am just illustrating the facts. I am pleased with my output mostly because it's what I can do.

Average


Two neighbors dropped off goodies this afternoon. Both neighbors represent the Extraordinary in their goodie compilations. Can you believe these offerings?

Extraordinary #1

Extraordinary #2


I don't think I could ever do a plate as beautiful as these samples. I don't think I could watch them being eaten after all that work! Can you imagine doing this for all your friends and neighbors? My feet hurt thinking about it. I am in awe. My girls love things like this too. They devoured their teddies for dessert tonight. If you are interested in a hillarious read about holiday goodies check out Segullah's blog post for today http://segullah.org/ I laughed out loud several times. The title has to do with holiday goodies so if you click and it doesn't go there, you can arrow back to the previous day's post. What is your opinion on holiday goodies?

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Don't sell yourself short. Your plates look amazing to me!

Michelle Blair said...

I don't like overachievers!