Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls & Friends

When we served Kelly's cinnamon rolls to a friend last year, we had no idea that they would be so appreciated. We understand now that the cinnamon rolls we sent home for his wife may not have made it there. Hee, hee. At any rate, Josh and Hillary came over last night to learn the art of the cinnamon roll. We use Kelly's great-grandmother's receipie, and you've just never tasted anything quite like them. While the dough was rising we ate shredded beef burritos and watched So You Think You Can Dance. It was a very fun get-together and the end product was quite yummy!

Josh and Kelly get to work. This is serious business man!

Hillary lends a hand too...

Kelly spreads the butter and cinnamon sugar over the dough...

Melissa and Hillary go for artistic photographer angles...

Kelly loads up the rolls to rise...

Ready for the oven (these are a little smaller than our usual)...

Ta-dahhhh! Then end product...

The proud and studly bakers with their creation...


5 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Those look like the cinnamon rolls my mom used to make (only she used raisins too). Yum!
Unfortunately I didn't inherit the cinnamon roll baking talent.

Hillary said...

You so beat me to it. My post will be coming soon.... if I can ever get all our christmas gifts sent out!

Oh, and ps: I'm not sure if I should tell you this or not, but I'm SO SUPER bummed right now because I baked the cinnamon rolls we brought home last night and our oven did something freaky and burnt them after only 15 minutes of cooking!!!! I knew our oven was old and slightly off temperature wise, but sheesh! They were like CHARRED. I even put the temp down to like 300 deg. I think. It was bad... and I was totally sad. So, another batch will have to be made very soon. Isn't that just awful! But thanks again for an awesome night. It was so fantastic!!! We'll be talking about it for a while I'm sure. :)

BakeliteBebe said...

um....YUM!?

Is the recipe a secret? I would love it if not! :)

Michelle Blair said...

Looks yummy. Tell Kelly he is on after Christmas too. Gavin and I can't wait to eat them.

Jessica said...

Ummmmm those look AMAZING! I am inspired to make cinnamon rolls now!