Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful.

On Saturday night, Kelly suggested we go to dinner for Mother's Day, so we chose a place we don't often go to. It was the girls' first time at Claim Jumper, and they were excited. Very yummy dinner and a great atmosphere. Heather was dying to give me the present she made at Activity Days this past week, so I opened it at the restaurant. It was a lovely rosette pin that she'd sewn all by herself. She really wanted me to wear it to church the next day. It was really and truly lovely. I was proud to wear it!


On Sunday, after the girls and I both doing separate singing pieces at church (and me looking lovely with Heather's rosette pinned to my sweater), we relaxed all afternoon. The girls were excited to give presents, and it was so fun to see their enthusiasm.

Jenna had been waiting since her last Activity Days (two weeks ago!) to present me with something she'd made there. They've been hiding in the freezer, and boy were they yummy. I got 2 chocolate and 1 vanilla cake ball! Complete with decorated gift box. Mmmmm.

She also had a card and poem for me from school along with a "top ten" list.

Top 10 Reasons Why My Mom is Great - By Jenna

10. She teaches me things I need to know.
9. She took me to Cold Stone
8. She feeds me.
7. She gives me things that I need.
6. Shows me the way.
5. She took care of me while I was a baby.
4. She goes to my favorite places.
3. She tucks me in at night.
2. She gives me rules so I don't get hurt.
1. She helps me when I get hurt.

Heather had left her present at school. So she decided to throw something together. I was quite impressed.

A note was attached to explain the items...

Pin: To remind you that I am always with you.
Hankie: To remind you that there are always happy and sad tears that are always ready to be shed.
Mirror: To remind you who you are.
Medal: To remind you you are a champ.
KitKat: To put a little sweetness in your life.

There was also a huge picture that was half finished. She left the other half for me to finish. I didn't get the sense that she got tired of the picture--she really wanted me to be a part of the art.
I was really touched by the thought that she put into her gift. It cost no money, but was worth so much with the things she chose to include. Way to go Heather.

We have some darned cute kids. I think we'll keep 'em.

3 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

You do have sweet kids. That is so cute. Cupcakes look yummy too!

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness. I absolutely LOVE Heather's gift to you. It is SO clever and cute. And I love the pin that just says "Heather" on it. SO SO CUTE! :)

Sheryl Mosher said...

Your kids are amazing: so thoughtful and sweet and kind. What a lovely Mother's Day. I would definitely keep those kids -- unless you want to send them over here? :)