Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes

The girls and I had a little meeting. We dismantled the cupcake deck and have decided to take out the recipes that have been less than stellar along with those that do not look appealing. Mayonnaise cupcakes and Tomato Soup cupcakes got the boot as did some others with questionable ingredients. After the 3 cups of shortening blunder, I decided that I had enough knowledge to peruse the recipes and look for fishy ingredients or directions, for example, the Carmel Cupcakes that have no "carmel" in them. We have whittled down the deck, but still have plenty to make.

Part of the decision had to do with the fact that the project was becoming a "chore" for the girls. Who wants to make something that they don't have any interest in? We've decided to fill in the missing recipes with some from The Cookie Bible that the girls have been wanting to make for years (I just said years, hence the need for a project to get my rear in gear).


Heather was a willing Sous Chef to help with our first batch of cupcakes. We were repeating the Chocolate Cupcake recipe from last week so that our friend, Sean M., could have some. Heather had already tasted last week's batch, and she was highly motivated. We went for size large which yielded only 6 cupcakes--that was 2 for Sean M. and 2 for each of the Peterson girls.


After the chocolate cakes were done, I moved on to the new recipe for the week, Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes. Ripe banana, 3/4 Cup of Honey and oats. Mmmmmmmm.

I'm sure I filled these too full, but I like my cupcakes large!

My house smelled sooooooo good too!

My friend, Kathy B., brought me a darling Martha Stewart cupcake punch from the scrapbook store. It makes the cutest little cupcake cutouts for tags! This recipe is a keeper.

3 comments:

Sheryl Mosher said...

Okay, Sean M. is sooooo appreciative of the chocolate cupcakes. I made the boys split one because they wanted to try it after dinner, and I was afraid that the chocolate would send them over the edge and they would be up until midnight! So Gavin got to have some too, and he was grateful! They are delicious, and you were so sweet to remember them. Don't worry about the carrot cake ones for Gavin. He is very happy with the chocolate! :)

Sheryl Mosher said...

Okay, Sean M. is sooooo appreciative of the chocolate cupcakes. I made the boys split one because they wanted to try it after dinner, and I was afraid that the chocolate would send them over the edge and they would be up until midnight! So Gavin got to have some too, and he was grateful! They are delicious, and you were so sweet to remember them. Don't worry about the carrot cake ones for Gavin. He is very happy with the chocolate! :)

Michelle Blair said...

Wow you posted a lot. You have tons going on. What fun stuff. How many cupcakes can we make when I come visit? Heather (and Kelly) did awesome on her project. It looks great. Gavin wants to go to Disneyland so bad. You guys are lucky and I'm glad you're taking advantage of living so close. Luv u!