Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Modern Medicine


Thanks to modern medicine, Heather is on the mend, and my eye has already begun to shrink a bit.  At times like this I have reflected on what it must have been like for mothers 100 years ago when their little ones got sick.  Fevers are so scary now, I can't imagine how parents must have worried back then.  At least I know I can grab some Motrin or call a doctor and get help right away.  

As we have been cooped up inside these last eight days, part of this being our Spring Break, I have been able to resist grumbling and stay in gratitude.  This could have happened during school or when we had our normal weekly activities going on.  But it happened when we have all had time to sleep in and convalesce.   I regard this as a blessing from above and am practicing patience and letting go.  Thanks for all of your notes and wishes.  We'll be back on our feet soon! 

   

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Glad you are on the mend.

Michelle Blair said...

That is horrible that you guys are so sick. Thanks for waiting until we left. Hope you feel better soon.

Katie said...

I'm so glad you guys are all on the mend!!! I know, I don't know how mothers did it back then. I guess they did it how we do-lots of prayers, faith and gratitude.