Monday, April 6, 2009

Savor It Sunday


Savored Items

1.  General Conference 

Appreciated - Those in the most danger of not doing temple work are those for whom temples are close by (doh!).

Enlightened to discover - Not only are doubt and discouragement Satan's powerful tools, they are also bad habits.  How much more cunning could that be?  He plants the seeds of doubt and discouragement, and then we water and nourish them!  Gah!  I never saw that.   I knew those were his tools, but I didn't see my part in allowing the seeds to take root and spread.

2.  Playing with my girls

Of all the things I could think of to do in between conference sessions today, I was compelled to pull games down and play with my kids.  We discovered that Hi Ho! Cherry-O is a little too simple now and that memory/matching card games are still really fun.  I am choosing the better part and not kicking myself for the time that's gone by while not playing Hi Ho! Cherry-O.  Instead I will delight in the fun we had, and that I had the wherewithal to listen and seize the moment!

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

You are amazing! Thanks for the wisdom you share!

yogagurl said...

I simply adore you!
When I grow up can I be like you???

Michelle Blair said...

It is nice to relax and enjoy family. Glad everyone is getting better!