Sunday, June 26, 2011

Camp Pictures and Current Projects

Heather and Kelly pulled in from camp around 2:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. They were grungy and tired and happy to be home. Kelly didn't take many pictures of Heather (I think she appeared in 2 photos), so I am awaiting emails from friends and cabin leaders before posting camp photos.

meanwhile...

I have two projects in the works. The first is organizing my recipe "drawer". For years, one of the drawers in our hutch has been deemed the drawer for recipes that are not neatly written on a card (even some of the cards have been tossed in there). After nearly 24 years of marriage, I am confidently declaring myself a woman not of the recipe collecting variety. I have been able to toss many magazine scraps of recipes I "may make someday", and keep those that I actually know I look for time and again on special occasions. It's such a great feeling to have that drawer empty and to finally have my favorite recipes in one place. This project is still under construction, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

My other project involves setting up a budget with a program I purchased about a year-and-a-half ago. It looks like such a great program, but getting started has proved to be an overwhelming task. I am digging in and moving this mountain one shovel-full at a time. I'll post progress on both projects soon.

I love summer. No schedules means more time to catch up on things that go by the wayside much too often. I love not peeling my children from the covers each morning and walking their grumpies out to the kitchen table for breakfast. I love that they don't have to sit through six hours of school, more hours of homework, and that we don't have to rush to get playtime in. I realize during the summer how much of a stress-case I am during the school year, worried about how they are doing in school, how they are doing on homework, which project is due when, who is being nice to whom on the playground, wondering if teachers are going to be kind to my girls, wondering about all the stuff that my pre-teen hears at school that she's not telling me and how much it is stressing her out, worrying about deadlines and showers and bedtimes and oh-my-goodness I'm getting hives just typing this.

I love summer! Enough said!

No comments: