Saturday, June 18, 2011

Piano Recital

Wow. Two posts in one day. I know you're impressed. And hubby, these posts are not about me at all! Woot!

Piano teacher, Mrs. Holbrook, held a summer recital this afternoon for all of her students. These recitals are very low key and not nerve-wracking at all (for the parents). This is the first time Heather did not dress up, although she tried with an up-do and nice shoes. The girl has outgrown all of her clothes, and there was no time to try to find a skirt and matching top in her closet. Jenna heard me prodding Heather to gussy up, and she got dressed all on her own. She did a very nice job.

The girls were fabulous. I love watching them play the piano, Jenna with her nervous perfection, and Heather who puts her book up and never looks at it once. She's so memorized she even knows where to turn the page. It cracks me up. Heather definitely loves the piano more than Jenna does, but we're hoping Jenna will come to love it too.



1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

How fun to have a recital. Gavin is taking summer lessons from someone else. We'll see how he does. I love the new bike. Heather is getting so big. I guess we'll get her clothes for her birthday.