Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Utah Part 2 - Tuesday & Wednesday

It makes the most sense to journal this according to our schedule. Plus I can't think of a more creative plan at the moment, hee-hee. We arrived at our host home in Lehi around 8:00 p.m. on Monday evening, visited with our host family and called it a night. Our host family, the Gudmundsens, have had this home in their family for years. We stayed there once about 10 years ago, and it was fun to go back. It was a special treat that the Gudmundsens were there for a couple of day so we could say hello. Jane was my mom's friend and my Young Women's President. Stan took me on my first back packing hike through the Sierras. They have remained family friends over the years. Their daughter, Elise, was, and is, my sister's dearest, bestest friend (and another little sis to me). It was such a blessing to have a great, comfortable home to stay in and to get to see this family that we love so much.

Tuesday, 5/31 - Recording in Abravanel Hall

All of our recording sessions were scheduled in Abravanel Hall which sits just across diagonally from Temple Square. The Adult Choir and Orchestra gathered bright and early Tuesday morning for check in and the first of our recording sessions. The hall was beautiful and my seat mates were super fun. My friend, Trish, and I had lunch together at The Lion House, and then later took the Trax to the Gateway Mall for a quick dinner and meet up with my sister and the kids. They had been to see Kung Fu Panda 2, and after a long day, it was very nice to see them and get hugs. Did I mention that I could never have made this trip without my sister? If I haven't, I'm sure I'll say it a hundred times before this blogging series is over. Thank you Aunt Michelle!



Wednesday, 6/1 - More recording and fun with Aunt Michelle

Wednesday morning found the Adult Choir and Orchestra back for more recording. Meanwhile, super-fun Aunt Michelle took the kids to Boondocks, a fun recreation park. They spent from about 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the park and had a blast. After being released early from our recording, I headed back to Lehi where we enjoyed dinner at a Teppanyaki restaurant in Lehi. After dinner, we returned to the house and crashed.

No comments: