Friday, June 10, 2011

Utah Part 4 - Tabernacle Performance

Friday 6/3 - Bright and early Friday morning was Youth Ensemble check-in. Trish and Heather and I checked into a hotel on Thursday evening after the Mormon Tab rehearsal (Aunt Michelle took the kids swimming while waiting for Trish and I to be finished). Let me tell you that it was sweet to already be in downtown Salt Lake and only have to walk across the street to our venue!

The youth looked sharp in their gray polos. They recorded their pieces with the soprano soloist and Adult Choir and Orchestra before being released to get ready for the Tabernacle performance. Heather and I grabbed lunch downtown and she had tons of fun with the revolving door at the office building where the food court was. I love this girl.

Did you know that the Tabernacle organ pipes are a copyrighted image? Who knew? We were asked not to post any images of the organ, which is hard to hide when you are taking pictures of the choir and orchestra, so I do not have any in this blog post. I do, however, have friends who took some, and we'll put a photo or two in our personal scrapbook. The concert was nothing short of amazing. Because of the structure of the building, we heard ourselves just as the audience did. We heard the children, the orchestra and the soloists with full sound. I sat behind the children and wept as they sung, "Behold Your Little Ones," and "Beautiful Savior". I normally don't shed too many tears because we don't get the full effect. We sure did this time. It was grand to look in the audience and see every spot on every bench filled with people. Wow.

Here are a couple of photos of my special peeps. I knew so many people who were there and wish I had had time to take photos with them all.

My sister, nephew and my girlies

Elise and Michelle

Lisa H. picking up tickets before the concert

Amy, Katie and us

After the concert, we said good-bye to our visitors, and Heather, Trish and I collapsed in our hotel room. We ordered room services, hung up our dresses, and were asleep when our heads hit the pillow!

No comments: