Saturday, March 23, 2013

Family Time


After Jenna's soccer game, the girls and I went to Target to pick up a few things.  Two requests from the girls were for a bubble blower and a large ball from the ball bin.  They were so tickled to add these things to our cart.  When we got home, we promptly tested out the bubble blower which worked most excellently.  Kelly set up the volleyball net, and we used the big ball to play some funky 'volleyball.'  I love these times with our kids.  My own memories of my parents playing with us are few, but they are imprinted in my brain because they were fun.  Playing a game around the table, taking a walk or going on a vacation with my family was super special.  My girls get time with their mom and dad every week if not every day.  Will they remember the moments as special, unique moments?  Will they assume that's how it is in every family?  Or will they know, as we hope they do, that they were loved and cherished and thoroughly enjoyed by their mom and dad?  I hope above all else that the last question will be a resounding yes because we absolutely cherish and enjoy these girls beyond what words can express.

No comments: