Thursday, May 14, 2009

Balance


Having trouble with balance at the moment.  Laundry is strewn everywhere, some clean, most waiting to be washed.  Toilets have reached the "unsanitary" level and the girls' bedroom has been literally taken over by stuffed animals.  You can barely see the floor.  

I am not one who needs to please.  I know how to say no.  So how do I get in these situations where I can't be home long enough to keep everything together? Yesterday afternoon was completely consumed with a PTA meeting; today will find me teaching Art Masters and attending a volunteer luncheon immediately following.  Tomorrow is my normal day to help in the classroom.  Because my home is suffering so, I will be cutting the luncheon short today.  As for tomorrow, I think I've volunteered enough this week.  If we don't look out for our schedules and draw some boundaries, no one else will do it for us.

I'm off to draw some lines in the sand.  Wish me luck.



3 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

oh, i am so there too melissa! busy busy busy all the time and my house is suffering! seriously. i think i need to draw a few lines myself!

Kathy Habel said...

Good Luck! If you ever get the balance thing figured out let me know. It's a constant battle around here.

~yoga~ said...

I hear ya. The end of the school year is always toughest around here too.

Hang in there! And when you figure it out...let me know the secret...