Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for...

1.  Where we live.  It is so beautiful.  Every time I think about the leaky faucets or the yucky tile in the kitchen, I remember that some people do not have homes.  It's a simple thought, but it causes extreme gratitude.  

2.  Jacaranda Street.  Once a year on this street in our neighborhood, the Jacaranda trees bloom--all at once.  It is a breathtaking sight.

3.  My better-than-Edward husband. 

4.  The joy that my little girls bring me each and every day.

5.  Wisdom.  I'm not saying I'm smart or that I've arrived anywhere, but it does come with age, and I appreciate the lessons I've learned.

6.  Homemade chocolate chip cookies.  

7.  Friends--really good ones that make you feel like you have extended family all over.  

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Beautiful trees!

~yoga~ said...

The orchards all around our place are in bloom too!!!

And don't kid yourself. You are wise, and I love you. For who you are, and who you choose to be.

Mwhaaa!

Anonymous said...

The tress look beautiful Melissa! Home is a special place.