Monday, May 4, 2009

Thoughts About The STP

My friend introduced me to this acronym - Same Ten People.  You know who they are, and you're probably one of them.  These are the same people who sign up to volunteer at school, help out with projects, stay after the event to clean up; the ones who can be counted on to be responsible and not let you down.  My husband said there is a saying in business, "If you want something done right, give it to a busy person."  That busy person is an STP.

So what's my point?

Normally I like happy blog posts, but today, I'm fed up.  When do members of this elite group get to decline, go home early or go on vacation?  Never.  When do they get the relief of not worrying about how something will get done or have the luxury to 'sit this one out'?  Never. Others would say that it is their own fault for consistently being reliable, concerned or considerate.  However, these traits make up the fiber of the STP's character, and they would never consider leaving the work to only a few or letting someone else worry about it.

I'd like a day off. I'd also like to slap a few people upside the head.  As I am not a violent person, I have chosen to rant on my blog.  I just really want to know where everyone else is and why they don't feel compelled to be committed?   

I think I've said enough.  Please feel free to leave your thoughts.  I do not know anyone who reads my blog who is not an STP, so hopefully you know this was not directed at my readers.   I would not vent to anyone at whom this was directed.  Frankly, I don't think they'd care.

Thanks for listening.  Rant over.

1 comment:

~yoga~ said...

I could always use a good slap uspside the head! LOL...

Hope you feel better after your rant.
You can rant here anytime. And we will all still lurve you.