Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Neglected Post

Two great things happened that forgot to post about!  One is that Mother's Day was really exceptional.  My kids and the hub went all out.  I had a breakfast complete with handmade presents and cards, a new pair of snazzy flip flops, and my new iPhone.   It was cute to see the girls get so excited about celebrating, and it was fun to have a card from the hub.


The other fun thing is that my very first Primary Activity is over.  Yay!  I have never been in charge of one before.  As I was working out the couple of weeks prior to the activity, I kept trying to listen very closely to get some inspiration.  I had nothin' on my own.  The first idea that appeared was that we needed to write some letters to the boys serving missions in our ward.  That was the beginning of the planning.  Our activity was called, "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission", and it was a success.  We had 4 activities for the kids, and they rotated in small groups.  We had a letter writing/drawing station, a singing station where they learned the song (same as title), a "hold to the rod" station where they learned about things in life that will help us maintain balance, and a station where the sister missionaries came to talk to them.  At the end, everyone got a cookie with, yep, a sticker that had the exact title on it!  When I found those at the bookstore I wasn't surprised.  After all, this whole thing wasn't my idea.  *wink*

No comments: