Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jog-A-Thon

Thursday was Moiola's annual Jog-A-Thon fundraiser. Heather, the sick girl, wanted to give it a try. She had no fever, so against my better judgment, I took her to school. She was so excited to run, and I thought this would be her last year (found out later that upper core runs too). She did 19 laps. The winner had done 21. Heather wasn't upset, but I pointed out to her that had she not sat out the two laps she wasn't feeling so well, she would have tied. If she'd been healthy, she would have smoked them all. Not bad for a sickie.


Jenna had fun too. Unfortunately, I didn't know she wanted to win, so there was no strategic planning before hand. She walked with her friends a bit and ran some too. The winner was over 8 laps a head of her and had run consistently during the 15 minute period. Jenna doesn't know what a fierce competitor her mother is. I have subdued the inner tiger in myself so as not to give any hint that I would personally care about winning if it were me. If I'd known she wanted to win, I would gladly have assisted her. Oh well, next year. Watch out for mamma's little tiger cub. Hee, hee.

No comments: