Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Workin' it Wednesday

Today was the second day in a row I plugged in to my audiobook on my iPod and went to work. Dishes, clutter, laundry and bed making were conquered all while "reading" Jane Austen's Emma. I may even say something English and not even know it after being immersed in the language. The reader sounds like Judi Dench. Very proper, you know.

I am super focused this week on healthy eating, and when I realized how tired I was around noon today...I took a nap. 45 minutes of bliss. I woke refreshed and able to fend off the sugar demon once again. Yay!

I did note today that yesterday, around noon, the house was lookin' pretty spiffy. Why was it that I had to get up this morning and do the same jobs that I did yesterday? Hmmm. I had failed to have my kids, self and hub clean up after ourselves last night. I need to fix that so I don't spend the majority of every morning doing triage. I do have other projects to get to people! Hee, hee.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

So true. I find that even with only two adults and one small child who can't pick up after himself... I still feel like I'm picking up after us every morning! Maybe that should go at the end of my schedule too. :)

Sheryl Mosher said...

You go, girl! Get those naps in whenever possible. I am very happy for you. Sounds like you have a great momentum going for cleaning and healthy eating. You are awesome. Grant and I are having fun counting calories. This seems to work pretty well (well, at least for him!), and I'm having a great time thinking up new dishes to prepare. I like being back in the kitchen and feeling creative. We'll talk soon. Keep up the great work.

Jennifer B. said...

Good for you! Plus, you just hit the nail on the head--I spent so much time in triage, that I can't get to other things. I've been trying to think how I can be better at teaching my family to pick up as they go.

???