Monday, March 22, 2010

More

Last week, I received my first issue of More. In the arrogance of my youth, I scoffed at such a publication. A magazine for women 40 and over? Pshaw. Who would want to see or read anything about women over 40? I will never be 40. Gross!

Suffice it to say that I am not dealing well with aging. I look at the amazing women who are my age and can see that 40 isn't all that gross. I wish I could embrace being older. Gray hair makes me depressed. Shadows under my eyes and flabby arms make me want to crawl into a hole. Although the plane of youth departed the runway a few years ago, I retain my arrogance. Was anyone else as arrogant in their twenties as I was? Where the heck is my tan and what the fritter happened to my muscle tone??

I'm still not okay with this aging thing, but I subscribed to this magazine knowing that it would be full of things that might be helpful. For a person of my age. Gah.

I'm trying to embrace my age and repel the waves of discouragement that threaten to overcome me. I may need professional help. I'll let you know.

5 comments:

~yoga~ said...

I love you...
What the fritter and all.
:)

We may as well embrace it...frankly I say bring on the blue old lady hair.

allypally said...

My take on it is that it's best just not to admit that you might need help. I don't think graceful aging is in my future.

Michelle Blair said...

Sounds interesting. I might have to keep it in mind when I get there. ;)

Jenny said...

Lol Yoga!

Ah yes, I sympathize!

And is it fair, I ask, that I have wrinkles and blemishes at the same time?

I think not!

Sheryl Mosher said...

I have yet to tackle the subject of 40. I will be doing so soon, for I too am amazed that time has passed and I have arrived at this milestone. What the fritter?
I still think I'm right out of college. I have news for myself on that matter, but I refuse to listen. ugh. I haven't had muscle tone for years, so I'm not mourning that as much, but I sure would like to do a spin turn without getting dizzy. Sheesh!