Friday, March 19, 2010

Messiah In America


I am so excited.

This concert is going to be unlike any other.

The bulk of the evening will be devoted to premiering the first LDS major work, Messiah In America written by our director, Brett Stewart. Performing the work will be a 200 voice choir, Youth and Children's choirs, a symphony orchestra, and four world-renowned soloists. We perform at Segerstrom Concert Hall at the Orange County Performing Arts center on Wednesday, March 31 at both 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. If you are interested in reading more about the concert or purchasing tickets, go to ocmco.org or the concert hall website ocpac.org. We're on the home page under "Coming Soon".

Many of you do not leave in Southern California, but are interested in what I'm up to. Either of those websites will tell you. The hub and daughters have been home making sure Thursday nights run smoothly while I'm gone to rehearsal. I can't thank them enough for supporting me participating in this wonderful organization. All three (girls too!) will be coming to see the concert, and I can't wait.

It is going to be spectacular. I think about the major works we've sung--Braham's German Requiem, Handel's Messiah, Lenoard Berstein's Chichester Psalms--major works rooted in the Catholic and Jewish religions that are phenomenal. This will one day be known as Brett Stewart's Messiah In America.

I just can't wait.

Did I mention that we're recording it the day after the concert. Squee.

4 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

How exciting. Good luck to you. One day I'll see one of your concerts.

Jennifer said...

This looks amazing. Wow, you seem to be a woman of so many talents. I need to research your blog and find out about all these cool things you do.

Best of luck! Wish we could see the performance from up here in Washington. :)

allypally said...

Every time I wake up in the night I have 'Know ye not that there are more nations than one' thundering through my head. I can't wait for the CD, it's going to be amazing.

Sheryl Mosher said...

You are going to have such an awesome time. Sing loud and proud! This will be such an amazing performance. Sorry to miss this, but I'll catch the next one for sure!