Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saying Good-Bye to Linny

Just a few days ago, I snapped this photo of Linny while taking shots for the Ides of March post. He was talking to me and trying to get to my feet knowing me being out meant something yummy for him. I gave his head a few little scratches and got him some red pepper. Most days Linny rummages around in the grass or garden munching on yummies. When we open the back door he will start talking to us with his little squeaks from where ever he is and scurry over our way to see what yummy treat we have for him. It has been nice to have him outdoors this last year knowing he can roam, but we have been aware of the dangers (hawks, cats, possums). He has been the smartest of all our guineas, but last night, we lost our little friend. I think it was the wind making so much noise rattling the bushes that must have caused him to not hear the possum. I heard Linny for a second and recognized distress, but I couldn't find him. It was three in the morning, and I could hear the bigger critter, but the bushes were so thick. I tried rattling with a broom and calling him, but I knew what had happened. I was so sad.

This morning we told the girls after we found him and confirmed for sure that he was gone. They were pretty sad also. Our guinea pig days are over. It was a fun adventure while it lasted. I am pretty sure we'll be hearing about the next pet soon. The word "dog" was mentioned several times today.

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

How sad. I'm sorry.

Casey Lee said...

:( So sorry to hear this!