Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekly Menu/Shopping List

Do you ever have a moment where you feel as though you are going to burst if you don't do something creative? I've been having those moments a lot lately. Last week, I decided to create a weekly menu with a shopping list. I had seen some menu/list planners on-line, but after several search attempts, I couldn't locate what I had seen. I nearly bought one from The Container Store, but then I saw the price and thought, "I can make something like this!" So I did.

After many drafts and some voting from my daughter, the design in the picture was the winner. I used it for the first time last week and loved it. I wrote my main and side dishes on the menu side, and as I listed each day's menu, I wrote the grocery items needed to put that meal together. As other grocery items popped into my head, I added those as well. The beauty of this design is that you can tear the sheet in half, hang the menu on the fridge and take the grocery list with you to the store. It was pretty sweet.

1 comment: