Monday, February 9, 2009

Managing Monday

It was a day off in our school district, so the girls were home. Aunt Beth and Uncle Kevin had breakfast with us, and then departed for home. Grandpa is still here watching the snow fall at home via the internet. Idyllwild hit 19 inches today with more to come in the next storm.

The girls had the kind of day every child would wish for--video games and computer access for most of the day. They started right after rising as I made breakfast sandwiches for everyone. Grandpa was available for emergencies while I did my first hour-long walk, but I don't think the girls even knew I was gone. Again while I went to voice lessons, Grandpa was available, and again, I don't think the girls missed me. Around 3 p.m., I finally peeled them away from the computer to practice piano and finish up some homework from last week. Then we bundled up and Heather scootered while I pushed Jenna in the jogger for my second hour-long walk. We were able, with Kelly's help, to have left-over tacos waiting for us when we got home, and then we had a fun family night with Grandpa playing Pictionary. 

I did get all 4 exercise points today, but I had to laugh at my determination. This is the last week of the 6-week challenge I entered. It's "push" week, so I am trying to best my best week. My best week was pretty good, so I'm going to have to shoot for near perfection this week. For today that meant doing my first walk in a storm. It was sprinkling when I left, and within the first ten minutes, the driving rain began. The wind was so strong I had to lean into it! It was kinda spooky how hard it was blowing. I was able to stay dry on top with the help of Kelly's running jacket and a good hat. The bottom half of me didn't fare too well as you can see in this picture. I was pretty soaked and headed for a hot shower upon returning home. I'm hoping the rest of the days this week will be a little milder or I'm going to have to head to REI to buy some gear! 

1 comment:

Kathy Habel said...

You go girl! What determination!