Sunday, February 1, 2009

Savor It Sunday

There was so much required of me today that I needed some extra strength if I was going to be able to fast through it all.  After waking up early to make our camping reservations for August, I took a quiet moment to pray for my fast.  The Lord knows that I desire to be obedient and fast, so I asked for His help that I may be able to do what was required of me today without the more debilitating side effects that usually accompany my fasting.  As I left choir practice, I realized that I had just sang, played the flute and stayed after for a small group number, but I didn't have a headache.  I was shaky, but okay.  I was able to go through all of church and get home to make dinner without the hideous headaches that usually plague me while fasting.  I am grateful for the Lord's help today. 

 

4 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Good job! Love the background and new playlist.

Kathy Habel said...

Glad you had a great day. Love the Valentine's backgroung.

~yoga~ said...

Look at you. All good and stuff.
Really, you are an inspiration for me. I hate fasting. So I rarely do it. Perhaps I should give it a go?
Lurve ya!

Happy Monday!

Katie said...

That is awesome Melissa!!! If you can do it, I can do it. I usually get a bad migraine if I do a real fast. Sadly to say, I haven't in awhile. You're amazing!!!