Friday, February 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday continued...


So I mentioned in the Thankful Thursday post that I was thankful for my husband's unique gifts.  Heather had the challenge of decorating a Valentine's box to enter in a contest at her class party.  She wanted to make a winner this year, and she had a great idea.  The problem was that her mom had no clue how to make it happen.  She wanted to create a "hippy van" like a Volkswagen bus.  I told her dad that I thought that it was a great idea, but that I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I offered the suggestion that we make a monster out of the box, but I didn't get to tell him the details because he interrupted me and said, "Oh--she's gonna win."  I knew right then that he had a vision and knew what to do.  He is very talented that way, and I had a feeling it would be great.  It was.  When I got home from choir that night, this was on the table.  Heather did the painting and I outlined it for her.  My hub's a pretty great guy.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Good job Heather. Looks great. Looks like there was a fun time had at school too! Love ya!

Angie Haas said...

Peace Baby! You got my #1 vote for the best Valentine's box ever! You know how much this family loves those Volkswagons!