Sunday, February 7, 2010

Banana Crunch Cupcakes


If you love bananas or banana bread, this cupcake is for you. The batter is made with a yellow cake mix, eggs, sour cream and mashed ripe bananas. The topping is brown sugar, coconut, chopped pecans, flour and melted butter. I ended up drizzling some butter cream frosting over the top (powdered sugar/milk/butter/vanilla) and these babies were divine. Laaaaa! I think they're my favorite so far. My girls would have nothing to do with the mixing when they heard what was in the batter. Too bad, so sad. They each tasted one and thought they were pretty okay. Just goes to show you that just because you don't like something by itself (sour cream) it can still be a yummy addition to a recipe. Bon Appetite!

4 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Yummy!

Kathy Busby said...

Those look scrumptious! You are so inspiring to me. I made brownies today, but nothing blog worthy... just chocolate and fattening.

Hillary said...

SO SO SO SO scrumptious!!! They were gone by the next morning. :) Yum yum yum! Thanks M!

BakeliteBebe said...

there must be something in the air, I made banana bread last night! Those look seriously good.