Saturday, February 13, 2010

Percy Jackson!!!

In the evening, after Jenna's baptism, all but Grandpa piled in the car to go and see The Lightning Thief. This is the new movie based on book 1 of the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series. I read the books over the summer, Heather read them right after I did, we gave the set to Gavin for his birthday last fall, and he and Michelle finished the series as well. Kelly and Jenna were the only two in our group who didn't read the books. Both camps agreed that it was a great movie, although Heather and Gavin were very disappointed that some of the story was completely missing, while other parts were altered. It was a little odd, but still a great movie, and it was such a blast to see it together!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Should I see the movie first or read the book first? Which one will ruin it more?

Casey Lee said...

We went opening day with my sister in law, and her and I really liked the movie alot, although we hadn't read them. My husband on the other hand has read the series, and seemed really disapointed with it. This was the first time he had read a book and had it made into a movie, so I think he expected it ALL to be in there lol. I liked it alot though :)