Friday, February 12, 2010

Sunrise & Disneyland

Friday was our ward's "Day in the Temple". Kelly was in charge of coordinating the scheduel for the day, and we arranged to attend the 7:00 a.m. session so that we could do that together before I left for Disneyland. I snapped this photo of the sunrise. There are times that make me think of my Grandma Spencer, and this was one. She used to teach us little sayings and one was "Red sun in the morning, sailors take warning. Red sun at night, sailor's delight." We don't often have a "red" sunrise, and this was truly beautiful. It was fun to think of my grandma on the way to the temple.

After a great spiritual morning, we headed off to Disneyland. It's so fun to go with my sister and nephew. While my sister, my Dad and I are remembering all the fun memories we had when we were growing up, we are watching our kids make the same memories. I love it!

It was crowded and I loved how the kids kept linking hands with Michelle when we walked from ride to ride.

I got picked to do the roller coaster with the kids. This one is pretty fun.

Michelle and I sat in front of the kids on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I'm not sure who giggled more, but I think it was us. While we were trying to video the kids, the train went into a curve and threw us together. We were laughing so hard that I think people thought we were nuts. You had to be there.

Heather wanted to ride in the front on Splash Mountain, but she was too short. It was the only seat available and I WAS NOT HAPPY. It's the wettest seat when you put a heavier person in the front. I was going with it, but I chickened out at the end and protected myself.

The kids rode it again two more times when Kelly joined us.

Gavin braved Space Mountain and I was honored to be chosen as his seat mate.

We couldn't do Disneyland without a trip through It's A Small World. Very fun. Grandpa was with us, but strangely not in any pictures. He's taking a break from roller coasters until his heart surgery. We didn't seem to get him in a picture during this trip, which we usually do. I think we were so busy navigating crowds and such that we weren't thinking. Anyway, it was a fun day and such a fun place to enjoy with our family!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh how I love Disneyland. And oh how I love spending time with sisters. I can totally understand giggling uncontrollably with your sister... and because of the most silly things. :)

Casey Lee said...

Great pictures! My husband and I are FINALLY going to be getting our passes again after saving up. We haven't had them in about a year now! We're DYING to go back! I can't wait to just go back onto Main Street with all the yummy smells and take it all in :)