Monday, January 11, 2010

Almond Joyous Cupcakes

Week 2 - Almond Joyous Cupcakes

If you love coconut, you'll love these cupcakes! It is truly and Almond Joy-type experience. The cupcake is a chocolate cake mix baked according to the directions. The white layer is evaporated milk, sugar, large marshmallows and coconut all melted together. The chocolate layer is melted chocolate chips, butter, more evaporated milk, more sugar and slivered almonds. They were an ooey-gooey delight.





Once again I have to say that right out of the oven, they were divine. They are very chewy, just like the candy bar, so if you don't love coconut, you might want to pass on these. I do not know how they are on the second day. As soon as I collect some reviews, I will post a little more. Because of the richness of these cupcakes, they went out to five different homes so that should give us a good sampling of opinion. If you are reading this, have received a plate of cupcakes and are a blogger, please post a comment. If you are not a blogger, please send me an email with your review.

Stay tuned for a post including some great cupcake sites I've located on the web!

Bon Appetite!

6 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

yummy! those sound delicious!!!!!!!

Jennifer B. said...

Wow! Those look incredible. Makes me want to bake. (Or at least coincidentally show up at your house when the next batch comes out of the oven.)

BakeliteBebe said...

MUST.HAVE. RECIPE. PLEEEEEASE I beg of you!!!!!! Almond Joy is my favorite! Made me hungry.

Oh and as a sidenote, I love the INXS song! I am a total INXS nerd.

Michelle Blair said...

Yummy. I can't stay on a diet and watch this for the next 50 weeks.

Tricia Reynolds said...

I was a fortunate recipient of the cupcakes and I looooooved them! I enjoyed and savored every single bite. Sorry to my family that they didn't stand a chance to have any:)

allypally said...

Oh my gosh, those look amazing. And hey, this healthy living stuff doesn't apply to book club, right??